"We want our students to graduate with an understanding of the world and of other people."
Our proud history dates back to 1877 when Queen’s College was established. The Anglican Diocese founded Ballarat Grammar School in 1911. In 1973 these two great schools combined to form Ballarat and Queen’s Anglican Grammar School which today is known as Ballarat Grammar.
Our History in Pictures – a Brief Introduction
For the full story on the history of our great Schools see below for details.
1877 – 1972: Two Schools
1973 – Today: One School
Books about our History
Our long and proud history has been beautifully recorded in the following books.
Met by Wendouree… Images and Memories, 100 Years of Anglican Education in Ballarat compiled by Patrice O’Shea and Joanna Ruchel, 2001
Mainly About Girls, A History of Queen’s, Ballarat 1876 – 1972 by Susanne White, 1990
Winds of Influence, A History of Ballarat Grammar School 1911 – 1971
by Michael Boyle, 1973